8-week session starting the week of May 1, 2017 (415) 362-3666
How to view the Group Classes schedules
Scroll down or use the navigation menu at the top of the screen to jump to any level.
Group Class levels
|Levels 1 to 5||ELEMENTARY|
Membership and Policies
- $75 PER YEAR FOR A SINGLE MEMBERSHIP
- $95 PER YEAR FOR A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
Includes spouse or partner and children.
The membership is NOT required to enroll in our classes.
10% of each membership is donated to local schools or charities.
We recommend you consider joining if you plan to be taking French for the whole year:
10% off on every 8-week session is a $200 saving.
- RECEIVE 10% OFF when you sign up for a complete 8-week session. You will save up to $200 per year on six sessions of group classes every year!
- PAY LOWER RATES for private lessons.
- HAVE FREE access to our library with DVDs, CDs and books.
- RECEIVE FREE monthly correction of two personal letters you write in French.
- PARTICIPATE IN FREE monthly activities such as our Cercle du Livre or other gatherings announced in The French Class newsletter.
The French Class policies
Books are not included in the tuition
- Prices include tax.
- French Level One to Five: $29.95.
- Intermediate Grammar: $48.
- Advanced Grammar: $39.
- Literature: $19 and up.
- The fee for attending one group class without being enrolled in the entire 8-week session is $39 or $55, depending on the length of the class.
Refund and credit policy
- We are sorry we cannot give refunds for group classes unless we are notified by phone one business day before the first day of class during our business hours: Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm, Friday 9 am to 2 pm. Please do not ask us to make exceptions. No exceptions will be made. The French class is not responsible for changes in the student’s schedules or personal circumstances.
- It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- No refunds, credits or make-ups for missed workshops and intensive courses.
- A $30 processing fee will be applied to a refund or credit.
- No credits after the first day of class.
- Credits are non-transferable and may not be applied to private classes, workshops or intensive courses.
- If The French Class cancels a class, students may transfer to another class or receive a full refund.
- Neither books nor memberships are refundable.
Make up policy for classes missed
- Making up classes in another group class of the same level and topic is free and encouraged for each class missed. It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- Make-up classes may be used as long as you are enrolled and paid in full in a current session of classes. It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- Students enrolled in levels 1-5 are entitled to two free half-hour private make-ups. Subsequent make-ups may be scheduled at a courtesy rate of $10 for a ½ hour session.
- Make-ups must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or a $10 charge will apply. Make ups must be scheduled by phone or at the front desk only.
A minimum of 4 students is required to open a group class as scheduled. We do our best to open as many classes as we can. In order to avoid canceling classes, any group class of less than 4 students may be shortened.
Level 1 to 6 classes (2 hours and 15 minutes per week)
- 1-3 students: 2 hours per week
- 4 students: full schedule
Level 6 to 8 classes (1 ½ hours per week)
- 1-3 students: 1 hour per week
- 4 students: full schedule
8-week session starting:
week of May 1, 2017
Last day of the session:
Saturday, June 24, 2017
How to registerThree ways to enroll in a Group Class:
- Download the registration form , then complete and return it to us by mail, fax or e-mail
- Register by phone by calling (415) 362-3666
- Come to the The French Class at 500 Sutter Street
Preregistration by phone (even last minute) is highly recommended as classes may be full or canceled. Watch for special offers and discounts for some of our courses.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in class! Á bientôt!