8-week session starting the week of May 3, 2021 (415) 362-3666
The French Class is currently offering group classes on Zoom, and private lessons on Skype, FaceTime or Zoom.
Please see our March-April 8-week class schedule below.
Do you feel a connection to France? You aren’t alone. Many others do. Perhaps, you have a trip planned in the future. Maybe, that is where your family hails from. Or, perhaps, you’re in love with French food, culture, and art. Whatever your reason, here is your chance to learn the language of love from native speakers with French language group classes. Our school's founder was born and raised in France where she goes back regularly to spend time with family and friends.
The French Class offers French courses from elementary to proficient. Enroll now in our current class on Zoom for eight weeks of immersion in the language. Our teachers are native speakers. They’ll motivate you to speak the language as much as possible, so the basics become a part of your thinking.
You, Too, Can Speak French
No one is ever too young or too old to learn a second language. A strong motivator is an earnest desire to speak the language. And the best way to do that is to immerse yourself in the environment. We do that for you in our classrooms. You’ll be on French soil and need to make your way in a landscape where everyone speaks the language.
Practice, practice, practice in class, and daily life, and when someone asks you, Parlez-vous Français? You can reply with an enthusiastic, Mais oui! Enroll in one of our group classes today.
How to view the Group Classes schedules
Scroll down or use the navigation menu at the top of the screen to jump to any level.
Group Class levels
|Levels 1 to 5||ELEMENTARY|
Membership and Policies
- $79 PER YEAR FOR A SINGLE MEMBERSHIP
- $99 PER YEAR FOR A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
Includes spouse or partner and children.
The membership is NOT required to enroll in our classes.
10% of each membership is donated to local schools or charities.
We recommend you consider joining if you plan to be taking French for the whole year:
10% off on every 8-week session is a $200 saving.
- RECEIVE 10 % OFF when you sign up for an entire 8-week session. Save over $250 per year on six 8-week sessions of group classes!
- FREE membership to My French 2 cents for one year. Your own French tutor for 2 cents per day. Please call (415) 362-3666 for details about My French 2 cents.
- FREE correction of two personal letters per month you write in French.
- FREE monthly Book Club for advanced levels.
The French Class policies
Books are not included in the tuition
- Prices include tax.
- French Levels One to Five: $29.95, each
- Intermediate Grammar: $48.
- Advanced Grammar: $39.
- Literature: $19 and up.
- The fee for attending one group class without being enrolled in the entire 8-week session is $42 or $59, depending on the length of the class.
Refund and credit policy
- We are sorry we cannot give refunds for group classes unless we are notified by phone one business day before the first day of class during our business hours: Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm, Friday 9 am to 2 pm. Please do not ask us to make exceptions. No exceptions will be made. The French class is not responsible for changes in the student’s schedules or personal circumstances.
- It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- No refunds, credits or make-ups for missed workshops, conferences or intensive courses.
- A $30 processing fee will be applied to a refund or credit.
- Credits are non-transferable and may not be applied to private classes, workshops or intensive courses.
- If The French Class cancels a class, students may transfer to another class or receive a full refund.
- Neither books nor memberships are refundable.
Make up policy for classes missed
- Making up classes in another group class of the same level and topic is free and encouraged for each class missed. It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- Make-up classes may be used as long as you are enrolled and paid in full in a current session of classes. It is not possible to make up missed classes during another 8-week course.
- Students enrolled in levels 1-5 are entitled to two free half-hour private make-ups. Subsequent make-ups may be scheduled at a courtesy rate of $10 for a ½ hour session.
- There are no one-on-one make-ups when repeating an elementary level class for $109. Please make up missed classes in another group class.
- Subsequent one-on-one make-ups may be scheduled at a courtesy rate of $15 for a 1/2 hour session.
- Make-ups must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or a $15 charge will apply. Make-ups must be scheduled by phone or at the front desk only. We ask that students prepare in advance the lesson they have missed to the best of their ability. Homework should be completed as well.
A minimum of 4 students is required to open a group class as scheduled. We do our best to open as many classes as we can. In order to avoid canceling classes, any group class of less than 4 students may be shortened.
The fee for attending one group class without being enrolled in the entire 8-week session is $42 or $59, depending on the length of the class
8-week session starting:
week of May 3, 2021
Last day of the session:
Saturday, June 26, 2021
How to register:
- Download and complete the registration form.
- Register by phone by calling (415) 362-3666
Preregistration by phone (even last minute) is highly recommended as classes may be full or canceled. Watch for special offers and discounts for some of our courses.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in class! Á bientôt!